If for example Pages crashes telling you and error occurred with the SFWordProcessing plugin. The steps below might be a solution:
- Make sure all applications are closed!
- Open Font book.
- Scroll down to the Hoefler font and ctrl + click on it.
- Choose “Remove Hoefler Text Family”
- Download the new Hoefler font.
- Extract the Hoefler.zip file and place it in: Macintosh HD/Library/Fonts
- Launch Pages or iWeb and the everything should work as usual.
When I started to use my HP Color LaserJet CM1312 MFP it turned out that manual duplex printing was not exactly working. Page 1 had page 7 on the back etc. The problem was that the printer prints its pages in opposite direction, starting with the last page. I spend lots of time seaching for a solution. I found this website, which descibes how to change your printer driver in order to print from 1 to n. Here are the steps you need to do…
AppCleaner is a free tool which helps you to remove an application completely from your harddisk. If you remove an application in OSX you simply drag it to the thrash. The application is then removed, but some small garbage might be left. AppCleaner makes sure everything is cleaned. The nice thing: it is free!
Xbench is a tool which benchmarks your Mac. It runs several tests like: harddisk, memory, cpu, graphics and more. The nice thing: it is free 😀
Last week I saw the free disk space left was below 2GB. I found the free tool Disk Inventory X and was surprised what took all the space 🙂