I have a Wacom tablet which a very nice pointing device when drawing vector images, but did you know you could paint with it as well? MyPaint and ArtRage are both great tools to paint virtually. Unfortunately MyPaint is not available for the OSX platform. Interested? Check out the examples made in MyPaint and ArtRage.
So you have this great Web 2.0 project but do not have time to create a logo for it? No worry! This logo creator helps you, and have a logo ready in no-time! 🙂
A little old but still cool to see: amazing photorealistic vector drawings. Keep in mind: These are drawings and no photographs 🙂
A friend recommended me this blog about usability. The write about various topics, which are usability related.
Yesterday I helped a friend of mine in developing the new style of his blog. I used Adobe’s Kuler to find out some nice colour combinations. Further I drew the logo in Inkscape. Below is a short description in how I drew the logo:
- I used the text tool to add the “dammIT” text
- After this I converted the text into an object
- In the node-select-mode I made the “T” as high as the top of the “d”.
- I moved the top-left part of the “T” to the left
- Added a white rounded corner background.
- Exported it as a PNG and send it over to Michiel, who added his winter picture.
- The result: